New Training Plan

Today I began my new training plan, that will focus on the muscles needed for kayaking and the required intensity. In a circuit style, you perform each of the seven exercises for 45 seconds (same time as a competition run) followed by 15 seconds rest. Between each circuit, there is a 2 minute rest. 

I aimed for 3 circuits, still making it a short, but intense, workout. Mainly due to exams, I have struggled to find the time to get to the gym - however, requiring little or no equipment these circuits are fab. 

Despite being bitten numerous times by the red ants that patrol the garden, the workout went surprisingly well. It was tough, but good, and I am excited to be pushing my body off the water as well as on. 

I will continue with the plan Den has provided me with every other day in the lead up to World Cups, and Europeans this summer. 

Comments