Hurley and Lee Valley


Although it was a slightly later and more relaxed start, our paddling was just as intense as always. As we walked up the bank, it was still early, and Hurley looked fairly empty considering it is just a few weeks to selections.

With the sun shining, it was a good morning. Continuing to work on blunts and also trying back blunts, I tried to begin to piece moves together and build small chunks. After each session I seem to develop a new preferred stronger side, and today's was right. By the end of the session, the wave was getting greener which felt awesome to front surf, but meant that it was harder to try new moves as I would flush. 


Then it was over to Lee Valley again. It's fair to say the session was near enough carnage, with both eddies full and plenty of creek boaters regularly dropping in. I have begun to get more used to the swirling eddies and somewhat lack of control, but I still need to get more used to the feature. 

Training for me has to be fun - there is no point if I am not enjoying it. But Lee Valley is always difficult: I am excited to paddle somewhere different, but often frustrated by the feature and even ended up paddling the one below for a short while to just mess about. 


I finished the day with some flat water practice on the lake section at the bottom of the course to continue working on some moves. Overall, it was good to be training, and with Uganda getting closer, I am more excited than ever to be on the water! 









Comments