World Paddle Awards

As some of you may be aware, I have been nominated for the World Paddle Awards as a Sports Junior for my achievements and contributions to kayaking. This is a huge honour. 




But what are they? 

"The World Paddle Awards (WPA) is held annually, celebrating the most remarkable men and women from the world of paddlesports along with their achievements from the previous calendar year." 

These awards are internationally recognised as possibly the highest accolade any paddle sport athlete, coach or organisation may be awarded - whether it's sprint, freestyle, slalom or even dragon boating etc. A paddler may be awarded for a number of reasons, including competition results, overcoming adversity or promoting and encouraging paddling in their community. 



How does it work? 

Within each category, individuals have been nominated and then chosen by a panel (The Academy) to go forward to a vote and potentially progress. This then goes to a public vote - the current stage.

Votes can be cast via the athlete's page on the WPA website by the thumb, or via Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Public votes combined with votes from the Academy will then decide the finalists. 

I would be very grateful if you would be able to vote for me and further support me in my journey. Additionally, I would really appreciate if you could share with friends and family and encourage them to vote - this means a lot to me!





Comments