HPP & Nottingham Adventures

On Sunday, we headed up to Nottingham, not only with the intention to go kayaking, but also with me completing a section of my PE coursework. This involved evaluating and suggesting an action plan that could improve their performance as well as discussing physiological, psychological and socio-cultural theory. 


Before completing this, I had just enough time to have a warm up and have few rides on inlet while Freestyle Kayaking was explained to my teacher. I then jumped out and observed Jake for a few rides, while making notes. Over lunch, I then completed my spoken exam.


Once that was all done, it was back on the water!


I carried on practising McNasty's and cartwheel orientated moves as I have done for the last few weeks. With the excitement of summer and warm weather, the cold water has become mentally painful. Despite the majority of winter having gone, it's just the final uphill struggle until the shorty cags can come out! 

After a full day at the University of Nottingham on Wednesday, I was determined not to miss an opportunity to go kayaking! 


Inlet was more retentive and this meant I was able to try a few less tried moves. I began trying to chunk sections of moves together, even trying McNasty to Lunar, and back loops. The course had been tweaked slightly so we ran the course to see what other features had changed, but it was soon back up to inlet for a few more rides. 


As it got dark, I began trying to push myself away from moves I could already do, and was trying switch McNasty's, Phonics and Tricky Woos. Over the next few days I am looking to set new goals looking beyond the European Championships and focusing on developing competition rides while also developing my weaker skills. 

Thank you to Alex Wilkinson for the great photos! :) 



Comments