HPP Training

After two incredible trips abroad, I found it difficult returning to Nottingham on a typically grey English day. Therefore, the morning session was slow and frustrating as I re-awoke all the aches from before the Czech Republic.


With the arrival of Jake, Ollie and Sam, and some lunch, I began a fresh. This session was much better and although not everything was working, I felt I had more energy which continued to build throughout the day. On returning after each trip, the unique nature of inlet gate is highlighted: slow but powerful and very consistent. I soon re-figured the feature and moves began to improve to their previous standard.


The following day, I got on slightly later but felt I had lots more energy. During my morning session I continued work on chunking moves into a competition structure and also practicing these moves. At times my McNasty's seemed to click, and even got a ride with three, one with air! (Typically Mum wasn't filming!)


After a long lunch spent outfitting my squirt boat, I got back on for a second session which was more aimed at just having fun and going a bit mad. Often I waste time setting up, so thought I would just try throwing move after move into another move - which is awesome and a lot of fun!!

With my back still quite painful, I finished earlier than usual but had a quick squirt boat session before heading home.


Although I was sore, it was possibly my last trip to Nottingham before leaving for Europeans and therefore felt it was crucial to go. And overall was a very useful!

I guess: no pain, no gain.

Comments