One Year On

As we approach the anniversary of COVID-19 having a significant impact in the UK, it has definitely being a year like no other. 

I'm not dwelling on the year though and am instead grateful I have achieved things, such as a new job, moving house, and continuing to enjoy training/kayaking. In addition, I have got to paddle Trent Lock and Sawley for the first time and have taken extra time to progress flatwater skills. 



As the year ahead looks uncertain for Freestyle competitions, I am continuing to train and with a second home gym renovation now under my belt, adaptation and flexibility maintain paramount. This year, we are due to have the 2021 World Championships hosted in Nottingham in July, and later in the year, the postponed European Championships due to be held in Paris in October. Both competitions are set to go ahead currently, although as we are all now used to, anything can change. 

What won't change, is that I will continue to train as if preparing for these competitions. If this all turns out to be a practice run for a future Worlds and Europeans, I will be thankful of the time I spent and be able to come out stronger!

The 2020 season may have never really started, and 2021 could be much the same, but nonetheless, I will continue to enjoy the water, train to improve, and make the most of every opportunity. 




Comments