Plattling


Four countries, 18 hours driving and several stops at service stations, we finally arrived in Plattling late Tuesday evening. It had been a long drive and I was thankful to finally be there, but as it was late, could only sit and watch at the side of the feature.




The next morning I was up bright and early and was the first paddler on the water as I was eager to make the most of the feature (and there is not a lot else to do). It took a little while for me to get used to the feature but soon I started to get the hang of it. It is a wide, deep (although I found the bottom on one occasion) & friendly feature - great for practicing moves and also just having a mess about. The level was apparently great and meant it was deep with a shoulder acting as a small wave too.


By the end of Wednesday, I had worked out the timings and could loop and space Godzilla. I even managed McNasty's both ways!! Although it felt weird compared to many features in the UK, you had to plug really early in order to get any height and avoid shooting up the green. 


It felt strange being in a boat again after only a week, but I was glad to be paddling again, despite still having a sore back. 


Plattling was only a mini stop on the way to Bratislava so after a quick session on Thursday morning, we are now heading off to Slovakia. This mornings session was awesome and as I was the only paddler on the water, so I had lots of goes. On my final ride, I even got a space to loop - which is a trophy move!

I really enjoyed the chilled out set up of Plattling and the feature itself seemed at a great level. When not on the feature, we played football and frisbee and some people visited the town (& Globus) as well. Definitely worth another trip in the future!






Comments