Burners: Hurley

For the second week running, the journey to Hurley began with a layer of snow. The day was cold but a really good session overall.



The last few weeks, the training at Lee Valley and upcoming selections have made all aspects of my paddling a bit too stressful and at times the enjoyment was lost. So this week, I set an extra goal for the session - just to enjoy paddling. Yes, I still want to improve and work on blunts/back blunts, but not because of selections, but just to be a better paddler. 

Although the air felt a little warmer than normal, the water was very cold and after each of the first few rolls, I was reminded of this with brain freeze. 


In both sessions today, my blunts seemed to finally be coming together and with a few more point to refine, am excited to begin building rides around them. On top of this, I also felt a lot more confident setting up and positioning on the wave which may seem small, but should allow me to access more moves in the future. 



After video analysis at Jacko's, the afternoon session was again based at Hurley. I continued to work on blunts, mixing up intensity and power distribution. I also tried a few back blunts with varying success. 

Overall I had a fantastic day and really enjoyed working on blunts which now feel a lot closer. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsVV0w1UBW0&feature=youtu.be



Comments