Burners: HPP

Although it rained nearly all day, this was not reflected in our moods as we got on the water. After a fairly busy week, I was feeling quite tired and found it difficult to be reactive and proactive. 


The morning I spent working on a few McNastys and also trying Lunar Orbits again. I still find it really exciting to be working on more challenging moves, and to feel progression. I also tried a few entry moves again, to add to my repertoire.




Before lunch we also began the main focus of the day which was doing an audit. This involved me doing a forecast of each move of how many times I could hit a move out of 10 prior to the session. In the session, Jacko then called a move which I had to do three times, and he would score and make comment on each move. 

This was really challenging but helped highlight key areas of weakness. We did every move left and right, often starting with the left which is my weaker side (although I shouldn't really have one). On top of this, we also did quite a lot of link moves. 



The task continued after lunch as it is quite a big job, but hopefully should be very useful. It has already been useful in forcing me to try moves I don't normally do, and commit to doing three attempts. Although there was the option of skipping moves, I made a promise to myself to try every move, even if it was the first time I have ever tried it. 



By doing this, I could actually begin to try and work out the move before having external inputs. When trying the back loop, my first two attempts just fell over, but on the third I tried to push my feet to the sky (copying what my body does on a front loop) and was much closer. It was also fun to try moves and links that I would never imagine to do, including lunar to McNasty, and tricky woos. 



After this was finished, I had a few extra rides, and on my very last ride, managed to get a McNasty, almost a Woo Tricky and then almost a Phonics Monkey, as well as trying a loop to McNasty. None were to scoring standard, but it was huge break through to have been able to do these moves and retain! 






Comments