HPP (working & kayaking)


With the summer holidays drawing near, I took the opportunity to gain some work experience. Therefore I spent the majority of the day photographing the rafting with Alex Wilkinson Photography. This was good fun, and quite a steep learning curve but interesting.

After the busiest three rafting sessions, I then also got the opportunity to paddle the course while the final rafts were on.



There is still no inlet which is a shame in my opinion, although there are a few decent features (just lacking eddies). Going through where inlet was, I tried a macho move before dropping into Twin and trying McNasty. Further down the course, I also had surfs in Jaws and Troll hole which is now more powerful. After looping in Plug hole, I then dropped down into Muncher which has an eddy that is possible to catch if you paddle very hard. At the minute it has a good right shoulder so really good for practice on left blunts. (On one of my attempts, I caught the tail as I landed and attempted to back loop before looping exit move only to fall on my face.) I then also had a ride in Washing machine before heading back up to the top and doing it all again.


 It was a really good day and nice to have a change, especially with the current course configuration that makes training more tiring and frustrating.





Comments