12 Days of Burners - Garb (again)

Day 11

On the eleventh day of Burners, back to surfing Garb, and session on Push Button. 

So it was the penultimate day of kayaking on Burners today, and we started the day with a trip to a diner in Renfrew for a cooked breakfast and coffee. 

With boats sitting a little lower in the water than usual, we dropped through and into Garb. Once again, I was working on securing blunts in the feature, In order to maximise what I was doing, we went back and worked on some fundamentals, including trim and carving - this would allow me to access passes more frequently. 

In the afternoon, it was back to Garb, but only for a few rides before dropping down to Push Button with Den and Jacko. Here we really worked on securing the super technical adjustments to the blunt that would aid them on Garb. After finally making some breakthroughs, I headed back up to Garb to try them, and with some tips from Quim, began to slowly progress and begin to throw blunts again (like in Uganda). 

At the end of the day, I guess progress is progress and although I am not in the position I would have liked to be at this time, I do feel like there is still time and after working on fundamentals, should be able to grasp other moves a bit quicker. 


(Video at later stage)

Comments

Post a Comment