12 Days of Burners - Garb & Flatwater

Day 9

On the ninth day of Burners, we surfed on Garb, and I saw a snake.

In order to help get used to the boat, I decided that I would do a pre breakfast paddle on the lake, to get used to the boats movement. This was really useful and I feel it did help. 

We also got to the wave earlier and were there by 11, and on the water. The first session I spent working on blunts again, concentrating on setting up and position on the wave. I didn't paddle that well, but it had been a better session than the day before, and had learnt a few tricks that could be used to progress. 


In the afternoon session, I had a really good time and was managing to blunt again - this was a huge relief and also exciting as I managed a ride with both in. There is still a lot of work to be done on the blunts and also start on back blunts, but I feel in a much stronger position than yesterday. 


Although it is going slow and can frustrated at times, training on Garb has been a massive learning curve and am keen to keep progressing along with all of the other Burners. 


Comments

Post a Comment