12 Days of Burners - More Garb

Day 8

On the eighth day of Burners, more surfing on Garb and whole day on river. 



After another more relaxed morning, and well needed lie in, we headed off to the river. Half the group headed up to McCoy’s, while the rest of us stayed at Garb. The river has risen slightly so the wave was faster and the pile bigger. 



The first session, my aim was to get a ride with both left and right blunts in, however, I only just managed right blunts and was struggling to set up. The afternoon followed much of the same pattern, even struggling to catch the wave. Previously, I have got frustrated at not being able to do the move, but I was even more frustrated at not being able to do things I know I can do. 




With only a few days left of Burners, I aim to get my front blunts solid on both sides on Garb, and really being dialled into the feature (regardless of the level) in preparation for independent training in the next couple of weeks. More importantly, today has taught me that I need to trust the feature, and trust myself. 



Comments