Burners: Hurley 4 Gates

With GB Selections just around the corner, Jacko had managed to organise a dress rehearsal for Burners. A day of competition prep at Hurley, with bibs, a crowd (if only a small one) and set timings. Having had an event the night before, I probably wasn't best prepped for the day, but when I arrived I was in the second heat. 



After a quick warm up, it was time to start, and I was last. My rides in this competition were not my best but did manage to get cartwheels and split wheels. In between rides, we also had to battle with a fair amount of debris, flushed down by the river. Within all of this, and to our entertainment, we found an Instagram dashboard placard. Following the competition, we then stayed to practise individual moves and chunks.




Over lunch, we did video analysis, and scored each of our rides. For the second competition in the afternoon, we set focuses and goals to change. 



I paddled much better in the afternoon, and felt a lot more energetic - especially with the first outing of my dry trousers this season. This time, after redrawing bibs, I was in the first heat but last again. We then stayed on to continue to paddle, and I worked on some individual moves. It was good to be on the water again, and for the first time of 2016, and now have more of a idea for selections. 




Comments