HPP & Rafting

It was back up to Nottingham for another weekend of kayaking, but I was also going to be working with Alex Wilkinson Photography capturing the rafting action. This was good fun and I love working outside, but just had to get used to the computer side after a long time not working. 

After a couple of rafting sessions, it was then time to go boating myself!

I was aware of a few guys who were heading up for the day, so dropped into inlet. Working with these guys reminded me of just how unique inlet is as a feature, especially compared to CIWW which they predominantly paddled before hand. It was awesome to give a little bit of coaching as well, hopefully passing on some of the knowledge that has helped me get to where I am. 

Sunday was much the same as the day before in terms of rafts, but we also had extra time in the morning to help give the main building a bit of a remodel with bamboo to cover up the "prison" fencing.

When I got on the water, I was already feeling quite tired so decided I would try lots of different moves and not get to focused on one or two. So I ended up running a mini audit on myself, working through the score sheet with a one attempt rule on every move - left and right! As I was the only one in inlet, and had a rope set up, I managed to rattle threw most of them pretty quickly, until it came to more difficult moves where there were significantly more flushes. 

By this time Rob and Noah had also turned up, and now more awake, I began to focused specifically on a couple of moves. This involved mainly my McNasty's but also tweaking my Space Godzilla's as these had begun to slip and bad habits were developing. There's still a lot I need to work on with these moves but I feel it was a progressive session and am looking forward to Team training next weekend.


Full Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Dw2LAGHaHeE

Comments