Hurley!

This season has been a bit of a strange one for me, as I have only really been to Hurley a handful of times at most, so being able to get in another session was exciting. 

Although there was a medium long queue when we got there, it soon dropped to only a handful of paddlers, and with the sun shining, it promised to be a really good session. It felt so strange being back on a wave, especially my few trips to Hurley this year had focused in the hole gate due to selections. I soon settled back in although it just wasn't my day for some moves like loops despite trying. I ended up mainly sticking to cartwheels, blunts and trying to increase to verticality. 

In the afternoon, I also started trying back blunts again, with varying success. The queue was even shorter now and at times it was a case of paddling up the eddy and heading straight onto the wave. Soon we were pretty exhausted, but I still really enjoyed paddling Hurley again, and if anything good has come out the recent storms in the south - it's an extended Hurley season. (Although probably just makes up for the lack of rain in autumn!)

Mini video coming soon...

Comments