Midlands Canoe Show 2016


When I arrived, it was boats (and SUPs) galore. The sun was beginning to break through and it promised to be a great day!

While it was still relatively quiet in the morning, I took the chance to get on the water and have some flat water freestyle practise - especially as I haven't done as much lately. I also had a go trying between the new and old Rockstars to see what I could decide. But they still felt much the same, and flat water isn't a true representation of a freestyle boat. 


By the time I was back, it was starting to get quite busy, with boats, people and kit all moving around. So I decided to stay out the way, and it was back onto the water on a SUP. Not having been on since last summer, meant I was a little wobbly to start with, but soon found my balance. 

As the day continued, it kept getting busier. 

Everybody was trying something, from motor boats and pedal-o's, to creek boats, sea kayaks, playboats, SUPs and canoes! With the sun out, we also spent a lot of time on the SUPs, trying everything from yoga to races (and quite often swimming!).

In the afternoon, I also did some freestyle coaching, starting with 'never done freestyle' to an 'improver' group working on cartwheels and split wheels. This was awesome to pass on some of the things I have learnt over the past, and also implement my new Level 2 skills. 

Overall it was a great day, and a perfect environment to try out new skills and new kit, as well as enjoy the sunny weather. 


(Hopefully, some more photos to follow)

Comments