HPP, ASP and NFL


Having lived the (kayaking) dream in Uganda, HPP was sure a shock back to reality! The murky waters and chilling winds might try to deter most, but the draw of inlet gate is still somewhat irresistible as, possibly, the perfect spot to learn moves. 

With GB Selections just around the corner, I was eager to get back on the water here to re-familiarise myself and push my boating up to the next level. Most importantly though, I was keen to get on the water and just have some fun and continue to enjoy boating!!



While I was up at the course, it was also a great opportunity to catch up with Sweetwater and ASP coach, Den. On the first day, having got used to inlet again and begun refining old, familiar moves, I started running through them and auditing what I could still do, and what still needed work. Having no real session focus for the afternoon, other than catching up with Den, I soon found myself a bit lost with what to do next but by the following morning I was already re-energised and itching to be back on the water. 

Over the next few days, and with the support of Den and ASP, I continued work on McNasty's and also picked up on lunar orbits, phonic monkey's and tricky woos - three moves that I have tried and done before, but are by no means in my repertoire (just yet!).


On Friday evening, we also had the second of this year's NFL competitions. Having been away for the winter Boater X season, it was awesome to catch up with everyone and to see how much people have progressed and pushed on. The league is thriving and really helping to push freestyle - it's just rad!


Pushing forward, over the next few months I am really excited to working on some new moves, tweaking the ones that are almost there and getting creative with combos and entry's!

Comments