Reunited!

After over three months without my playboat, I am back in it! 


When lockdown began, I moved home to my parent house for the outside space, but with limited water nearby and British Canoeing recommendations to cease paddle sports, I left my kayaking kit in Nottingham. 

As restrictions eased, it was difficult to see other people going kayaking and although I could get out on the flatwater in a big boat, it wasn't quite the same thrill of throwing end after end or getting air that I could get from Freestyle. 

However, I now have my playboat back and have even managed a few sessions on flatwater and even HPP!

I am very excited to get back on the water and begin working on new moves (and relearning some old moves). Resuming paddling, especially at centres such as HPP, shows promise that we are nearing the end of restrictions, but it will still be important to follow safety procedures to limit further spread. As an outdoor, water-based sport, I know I am more lucky than other sports at being able to train almost normally again, and hope that with the coming months, other sports too will begin to resume. 

Comments