2014 Goal

My goal is to make top 5 at European Championships in Bratislava, this August.

Jacko Task: Draw your goal
At the start of this year, I began Burners - Kayak Jacko's programme for freestyle kayaking, and it's awesome. Jacko develops a whole athlete, not just a paddler; helping us set ourselves apart from everyone else. After setting specific goals for ourselves, we have worked on many factors that can help us achieve this goal - including looking at others and how they perform to planning all our training sessions up until our goal.

I am aiming to score 400 points in a single ride at Europeans - which should, looking at past results, put me in the top 5. I'm excited about developing my paddling and for the competition in Slovakia. 

Despite the cold weather and vast amounts of water, we have found places to paddle, including a flood relief weir near Slough, Mapledurham near Purley and Boulters in Maidenhead. This has allowed us the opportunity to adapt our moves that we can already do, and begin to learn new ones. 




Starting in March, I am planning to train twice a week on the flat, twice in the gym, and ideally once a week on a feature, in addition to yoga and visualisation. 

Comments