2014 ICF World Cup!

Three weeks, three insane competitions and 3rd place overall: the 2014 ICF World Cups have been an incredible learning curve and amazing experience! Over my time in France and Spain, I have met some fantastic people, learnt tonnes and had an awesome time.





After a 3rd place in Millau, 4th place in Salt and 3rd in Sort, my accumulated points meant I finished 3rd overall in my first international competition. In addition, I met my target of a 200 point ride in prelims at Salt, scoring 250 points. Although this trip was a competition, it has been more training on the way to European Championships where I aim to finish in the top 5. 

Although the whole three weeks were amazing, I do have a few favorite moments. These include the epic and very memorable thunder storm that quickly ended celebrations in Millau, fire breathing at the opening ceremony in Salt and slack-lining (courtesy of Tom Zach) in Sort. And of course, paddling almost every day was incredible!



Now back in the UK, I am excited to be training again, and squeeze in as much time in Nottingham as I can before heading to the Czech Republic on a canoe expedition and then Slovakia for Europeans. My focus is going to be on McNasty's and Phonics Monkey's, which I began learning before the World Cup, and also refining split wheels and space godzilla's. 










Comments

  1. Great blog, sounds like you had a great time and that you are looking forward to the next trip

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment