GB Training

Unfortunately as I go away again on Friday, this was last official team training before Europeans 2014.  However, it was a very productive weekend and ot was good to be back at Nottingham after the World Cups.

We began the weekend with a competition on Saturday morning,  where I first scribed for the men (this was useful to familiarise myself with the new scoring). Then it was the women. Although it is very difficult to replicate the atmosphere of a large competition, competition rides help by simulating the time pressures.



My first ride wasn't great as I forgot just how slow inlet was. However I improved a bit for my second twp rides, scoring a top of 210, reaching the points target. I aim to increase this a fair bit for Europeans though. It did take some time readjusting to Nottingham and some of the newer features on the course but it didn't take long!

Then the rest of the weekend was predominantly spent working on individual moves, so for me McNasty's and Space Godzillas. I also got in my squirt boat for a session as I am meant to be doing that in Europeans too, working on split wheels and bow screws. 


Comments