World Championships 2019!!

 

Having competed a number of times in Sort before, it was great to return to the area for the World Championships and to a newly formed feature. 

Training
Following a week of open training getting used to feature, Team training commenced. With a large representation from Great Britain, we had an exclusive session and the team consensus was to split training to smaller groups to achieve shorter, more intense sessions and less time waiting in the queue. As the week progressed, my session focus shifted from move refinement to competition ride repetition. 

I kept also training in open sessions to get as much time in the feature as possible, but as the competition got closer, the queues got longer. 

Heats
As heats arrived, I was feeling good for the beginning of the competition. 
Unfortunately, I didn't quite pull of the ride I wanted to and there was a nervous wait from the side as I watched the remaining heats progress to decide whether I had made it to quarter-finals (top 20).


Quarterfinal
After a few days waiting and continuing to keep fresh and train, quarterfinal day arrived and I was feeling positive about my rides. Again, I didn't quite pull off rides I wanted in quarterfinals but was much happier with my performance. 

Overall, I finished 12th in Worlds, which I was very happy with considering it was my first senior World Championships.

 

Now it is a return back to the UK and to prepare for a summer of competitions before GB Selections at the end of the season. 





Comments