World Cup #3 Sort - Summary

So that's it - the final World Cup has finished.

On Wednesday, I had heats which was surprisingly earlier than in the other two events. Despite less training time, and not really feeling prepared, to a certain degree, I didn't treat this as a competition due to the unpredictable nature of the feature. However, it did make it through to finals after scoring a spin and an air loop - a ride I was pleased with considering the feature. My rides combined scored 109 points putting me in 2nd going into finals.

Initially, there was only 30 minutes of training for each nation for the first three days, but luckily open sessions were added before noon and after 6pm. Although water levels weren't as high as the competition level, I took full advantage of these sessions and paddled most mornings and evenings including the two days between my heats and finals.

As Saturday arrived, similar to Salt, I had a long wait before my finals at 4pm. Therefore, I decided to keep myself occupied with a cha


t with Jacko, a tiny bit of watching the women's semifinals and a trip to a candy shop in Sort. About 3pm I decided to take the leisurely paddle (or float) down from the campsite to the feature ready for the Junior Women's final.

My first ride went well, getting a solid loop and attempting both spins and a cartwheel. In total I scored 100 points which put me in 3rd place after everyone's first rides. The feature was extremely exhausting because of its power and my next two rides were less successful not scoring as high on either. However, I remained in 3rd place with my first ride score.


The medal ceremony was fab and the atmosphere was amazing, although it was apparently difficult to see the podium from the stands. With a 3rd place in Sort combined with 3rd in Millau, and 4th in Salt, I finished 3rd overall in the 2014 ICF World Cup, a result I am very happy with considering it is my first international competition.

Comments