HPP - 25th

Another week and another session at HPP! It was good to be back after a busy week and I was excited to continue working on moves. The busy week had taken it's toll a little as I could feel my muscles groaning as I begun paddling. However, they slowly warmed up and although I didn't feel as snappy as I have in the past, it was an improvement. 

Similar to last week, I continued trying to link more moves/shorten the time taken to set up. However, this week I also put more emphasis on McNasty's and pushing them up to ICF scoring standard. With troll hole returning, I also tried them in there, with varied success (some great, some just power flips) as well as in inlet and twin. 

After lunch, I begun trying chunking some moves together and beginning to start rides by upping the intensity. Although I have been training in Uganda for the last month, I could definitely feel that I had been using a very different type of energy on waves as I quickly tired during rides. However, it was really fun trying to see which moves I could piece together and build a ride from, and with lots of new moves that will hopefully be working soon, exciting to see where my rides could go. 

Overall it was a really fun day, and I was glad to be back on the water!! Photos to come soon...

Comments