12 Days of Burners - Habitat

Day 2

On the second day of Burners, our coaches gave to us, sessions on Habitat. 



After breakfast, we headed over to Habitat wave once again, hoping it would be slightly less busy. As there is also a fair few of us, we split into two groups to work on each wave. 



Before lunch, I was on the bigger wave and focused on blunts. After learning to blunt on Nile Special, I found it hard to adjust the move. Every time I tried, it felt strange, as it was much slower and much more foam, and resulted in flushing. However, slowly I began to adjust and just need to increase my edge more to secure the move. It has been a bit frustrating as it feels like I have gone backwards from Uganda, but I do feel like I am getting closer to where I was before. 



We then broke for lunch where we played eye spy, had a mini water fight and were even joined by a squirrel. 

After lunch, we then swapped over and we were on the smaller wave (but still the size of Hurley middle gate). I found it a little bit harder to get orientation on the wave, but begun to get used to it by the end. The secret was to stay surfers left! I slowly got used to carved up to the top but still was cautious of going too high up and too far out, so never really had the best set up. It was so cool to have two great features so close together, and the small wave had the advantage of a much shorter queue. 





As we headed off from the wave, we lost the trucks almost immediately and got a little lost, before finding a supermarket. We then bought cake, balloons and candles as it was Quim's birthday. Before the others returned, we managed to fill his tent with balloons! Then it was time for dinner (rice, vegetables, chicken and salad). Afterwards, we lit the candles and all sung happy birthday.

Comments