12 Days of Burners - Ottawa

Day 5

On the fifth day of Burners, we left Montreal, to Ottawa.

It was time to leave Montreal and head to Ottawa today, so we packed up in the morning. The original plan was to do a morning session on Habitat, before driving the three and a bit hours to Renfrew. However, it took over two hours to pack the two trucks with 14 boats, all our camping kit and bags (the car was staying in Montreal to pick up Hugo). So in the end, we decided that we didn't have the time to go kayaking sadly.


Once loaded up, we were on our way to Montreal and decided to watch Congo, The Grand Inga Project and then a bit of Planet Earth.



Now we are all set up at the camp site and have taken a trip to Wilderness Tours, located the new boats and collected my new 2016 Jackson Rockstar!

Being at Wilderness Tours, and in the area, caused the reality to hit me that actually I was here to compete at the Worlds, and it all became very real. Picking up my boat cemented this reality and I still feel nervous that I have bought a boat that I have never paddled, to use at the biggest competition I have ever done, and the pinnacle of Freestyle Kayaking. But I do trust that it will be ok, and if not, can just paddle the 2014 Rockstar.










Comments