12 Days of Burners - Garb

Day 7

On the seventh day of Burners, the full day surfing Garb,trying blunts and back blunts. 

After a lazier morning and big breakfast, we were down by the river around half 11 with the intention of spending all day down there. 

In the first session, I was trying to focus on blunts, but avoiding right blunts as these are currently my strongest. So I decided to start with front left blunts. My first attempt was pretty poor, but I feel like I did make some progress and although they are still weaker, are getting better. Also, I begun to try setting up for back blunts by back surfing, but after missing the feature a two times, then kept flushing trying to set up. By this point though, I also needed a break.


After a break and some food, I headed down to Garb to try a few more back blunts, but flashback style before dropping further down to Push Button for a quick session on front blunts. I found working on Push Button hard as at times feel like I am still way off the blunt and just want to learn new stuff, which was also emphasised by the fact Push Button never seems like such a thrill. I guess I lost the spark: tiredness and frustration were evident. To get my head in gear, I went back up to Garb to see if I could put in practise new techniques. Although not as successful as the morning session, it was still really good fun and I do kinda feel like I am progressing, just a bit slower than I hoped. 

Comments