HPP

With my Level 1 coaching qualification now under my belt, it was back to Nottingham. Dropping through where inlet used to be, a macho move reminded me of just how cold British water is, (despite the sun). 



After a first run down warming up, I then went back up to Jaws to work on cartwheel orientated moves. As important linking moves, the stability of Jaws made it ideal for learning (as well as it being too shallow for most else). I also carried on working on McNasty's which slowly seem to be getting closer.


Throughout the day I spent a fair time on Muncher after seeing what everyone was able to do at British Champs. I largely tried McNasty's and cartwheels again, but also wave moves too. 


However, the majority of time I spent in Troll hole, as this is by far my favourite feature on the course. Despite the occasional trashing, you can loop, space, cartwheel, splitwheel, McNasty and I even tried Phonics Monkeys again. Paddling there was extra energy consuming and this combined with the sprint for the eddy, and very quite course, meant I had to take lots of little breaks.



The balance between coaching yourself as well as paddling can be difficult, but it's still always really fun to just be out on the water, and pushing to improve! With less than a month to go to the Hurley Classic now, it's just time to pray for rain and the rivers to rise!



Comments