HPP

With Uganda just around the corner, I took any chance I could to get on the water and makes sure my boat, and me, were ready for returning back to Uganda. Although the style of water would be very different in Uganda, I was keen to be as sure as I could be, that was comfortable and confident in my new carbon. 

As it was, having done a number of flat water sessions, and also working lots on the outfitting, it was a significant amount better than the previous trip. Having got used to the numerous things you forget from not boating; including the awkward positioning of legs, the jets of water up the nose and constant soaking from all directions, I was much more relaxed on the water and having a blast.

On the water, I focused on reacquainting myself with more basic moves, including loops and space godzillas to make sure these were strong and also swapped this up with continuing to try McNastys and pushing the cartwheels on. 

All i all it was a great trip up to Nottingham and I am super excited to get out to Uganda, and for the carbon to lose its big wave virginity!!




Comments