GB Selections 2019

GB Selections 2019 for the ICF World Championships in Sort, Spain. 


Having unfortunately missed out on the last Worlds, and spending winter injured, I was more determined than ever to show what I had been working on and to make Team GB. The rescheduled date had given me extra time to recover my shoulder and I was keen to show that despite injury, I was still capable of Team ranking. 

Frustratingly, in the week leading up to GB Selections both my right shoulder, and a new injury on the left lat caused me to have to taper back training and focus of quality of training over everything. 

On the morning of Selections, I felt fairly relaxed and although the injuries seemed to be hindering my McNasty's somewhat, I had managed a number of good training sessions in the days before. 

In inlet, we each had four runs as it is non-attainable (you can't paddle back in). After, I was content with the runs I had put down, ad although the McNasty's seemed to be fairly illusive, finished 3rd from the morning. 

After lunch and watching some of the other heats, it was the event in twin waves, where we had three rides as it is attainable. Sessions in twin often seem to go one of two ways (either great, or just power flipping and face planting)! Not quite getting the McNasty, but being able to stick some big loops and spaces, combined with the basic spins, meant again I was happy with my runs. 

Amazingly I had finished 1st in twin! Even though I didn't quite score the McNasty in there, with the feature and my injury considered, I was very happy. 

After a few days wait, confirmation was published and I had made TEAM GB in 2nd PLACE!

Bring on WORLDS!



3rd inlet
1st twin

Comments