Hurley30









The Hurley Classic turns 30, and it sure put on a great event! With so many different paddling disciplines, it was an awesome mix of community and competition rolled into one. Having become a charity, The Hurley Foundation, this year, it was great to see how a UK event has maintained the community spirit all these years - and it's why many of us go back year on year. 




Although struggling with injury in previous months, I was excited for my first proper competition with everyone around. I hadn't actually paddled Hurley in almost 2 years so it was great to just have that feeling of dropping onto the wave. 

After some very fun Jam heats, I then found out I had made FINALS - which I was stoked about with everything considered!! 




In the finals it was back to 45 second rides and this was a true test for my shoulder. Although it was painful, I managed to pull off a few wave moves and come 4th. Most importantly though, I had so much FUN (as you can probably see from the photos). 

In addition, I had taken on the challenge of BoaterX and here too made finals, taking 3rd place overall. 

Hurley Classic is equally about fun and community (if not more) than about the competition, and am super excited to head back next year!



  






Comments